Laparoscopy is a minimally invasive approach to surgery of the abdomen and accomplishes traditional surgical goals while delivering less pain, faster recovery, and happier patients. Laparoscopy typically entails incisions just large enough to admit the passage of the surgeon’s light, a tiny video camera and precision-crafted surgical instruments. Without the trauma of a long incision, both pain and healing time are greatly reduced.
Lake Pointe Medical Center performs multiple procedures using the laparoscope. Some of the most common procedures the hospital performs using the laparoscope are:
- Diagnostic laparoscopy
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic appendectomy
- Laparoscopic nissen fundoplication
- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease
- Laparoscopic hernia repair
To find a surgeon affiliated with Lake Pointe Medical Center, call 1-866-525-LPMC (5762) or click here to find a physician.