Our program is designed to offer the tools and support needed for achievable, sustained weight-loss. Below are the steps necessary to complete the program.
1. Attend a free informational seminar or one-on-one consultation. Monthly free informational seminars are provided. These seminars are held at the Lake Pointe Medical Center Cafe located on the first floor at 6800 Scenic Drive in Rowlett. Details about these seminars as well as information on how to sign-up to attend can be found under Free Informational Seminars link on the left of the page.
2. Gather your documentation. Documents and information you will need include:
· Referral (if necessary)
· Copy of front and back of your Driver’s License and Insurance Card
· Medical records and criteria required for qualification by your insurance company. This information will also be covered in the informational seminars or one-on-one consultations.
3. Call the Weight-Loss Surgery Program office and schedule your consultation.
4. The Consultation – The Consultation typically lasts between 2 and 3 hours and includes:
· Weigh-in, measurements and photos
· Medical and diet review with a Weight Loss Surgery Program staff member
· Discussion regarding the pre-operative, operative, and scheduling process
· One on one consultation with the surgeon
5. Your insurance company may respond within 30-45 days.
6. Once we have received the response from your insurance company, we will contact you to confirm a surgery date.
Prior to your surgery, you will undergo preoperative testing which includes but is not limited to; blood tests, pulmonary function test, pulse oximetry, abdominal sonogram, chest x-ray, EKG and a psychological evaluation.
Further evaluation with a cardiologist or pulmonologist may be required based on your medical and family history.