General surgery involves a general surgeon who has specialized knowledge and skill enabling comprehensive and continued care of surgical patients relating to the diagnosis, pre-operative, operative, and post-operative management, including the management of complications, in the following areas:
- Abdomen and its contents
- Breast, skin and soft tissue
- Head and neck, including trauma; vascular, endocrine, congenital and oncologic disorders – particularly tumors of the skin, salivary glands, thyroid, and the oral cavity
- Vascular system, excluding the intracranial vessels and the heart
- Comprehensive management of trauma injuries
- Complete care of critically ill patients with underlying surgical conditions
The responsibility for all phases of care of the injured patient is an essential component of general surgery.
To find a general surgeon affiliated with Lake Pointe Medical Center, call 1-866-525-LPMC (5762) or click here to find a physician.